Date: 15th November, 2022
Location: Southern Sun Ridgeway, Lusaka
Discover the latest developments and options for Arbitration and dispute resolution in Zambia & Africa in 2022. Join Damian James and a host of legal experts in Lusaka, Zambia on Tuesday 15th November 2022.
This joint event with CIArb and SCL will see some of Africa’s leading technical and legal names come together for an afternoon of talks and interactive panel sessions. Ensure you sign up today. Places will be limited.
- 14.30pm: Welcome and registration
- 15.00:pm International Arbitration – An Introduction, Johan Beyers
- How to make it work for you.
- How to ensure you get the best results
- Choosing a seat of Arbitration
- The key differences in rules and systems
- 15.40pm: The Risks and Benefits of Arbitration – James Banda
- Is Arbitration expensive?
- What risks are involved?
- How can I get a positive result?
- What are the benefits compared to local courts?
- 16.20pm: Lawyers and Expert Witnesses – Damian James & David Hesse
- How do different parties operate in arbitration?
- Why use experts and how do you find them?
- Selecting the right adviser and making the best use of them.
- 17.00pm: Panel Discussion – Chaired by Chantelle Humphries:
- The entire speaking team will discuss key elements relating to arbitration and its operation in the region. Also, the speakers will take a look at other options for dispute resolution.
- 17.45pm: Q&A / Close:
- An opportunity to put your questions to the speaking panel.
Drinks Reception 1800 onwards
Book your place today.